Image

Image

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

24DC: Day 3

Today's food is exciting... brace yourself! Besides the grapes... those weren't very exciting...

Breakfast: Fiber drink with orange juice; I was NOT feeling a meal replacement shake today... so I made two scrambled eggs and a sausage patty, and then I sipped an iced coffee made with Stevia and almond milk on my way to work - yum!
Snack: a banana with a huge blob of peanut butter
Lunch: leftover Crockpot Cuban Pork and slaw
Snack: grapes and a Spark... and then Shannon gave me Rehydrate to try after my workout... pretty tasty!
Dinner: Another great recipe from PaleOMG! Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers with Mango Drizzle. These were delicious, despite Josh's grill being crappy and catching on fire. Some of our bacon was extra crispy, but still good! We just dipped into the sauce, which is a perfect combination of sweet, tangy mango and honey, and spicy red pepper. We had roasted asparagus to round out the meal.

My friend Michael gave us this super-awesome-ridiculously-amazing Kitchenaid food processor. I used it for the first time tonight to make the mango drizzle. I'm a kitchen tool fanatic... I have just about every Pampered Chef item under the sun. This is going to make my life so easy!


Josh loved this dish! For those of you thinking about delving into the world of Paleo eating... know that our grocery bill has been about $40-$50 lower per week. Also, we tend to have leftovers alot more often. Josh and I both are eaters, but the quality of the food you put in your body makes a difference as to when you're full! We're not only saving money on groceries, but also eating out less often, further decreasing the amount of money we spend on food!


Carter even tried the asparagus! The chicken had a little too much kick with the curry powder for us to feel comfortable giving it to him. We're starting to eat at the table as a family more often, especially now that he's so interested in eating.


Tomorrow will probably be a boring food day. I'll be home with Carter, and Josh will be at work, so no fun-delicious-inspiring new recipes will be made. I've got a good one planned for Friday, though! I won't get to go to the box tomorrow, but may get out in the driveway and do a WOD while Carter naps if I get a wild hair. I felt better during today's Guts workout... but it didn't involve a ton of cardio... I just sweat (sweated?...idk...) about 5 gallons. I even felt good enough to practice double-unders after I finished the WOD! Must've been that giant glob of peanut butter this morning...



No comments:

Post a Comment