Wow! Time flies when you're busy! And we. Are. Busy. Here are some happenings since mid-April:
- Newest obsession is the Avengers
- Talking up a storm
- Almost walking
- Got dedicated on Mother's Day
- Loves CrossFit
- Attended an Outlaw Training Camp in Atlanta
- Coaching the competition team at CFI
- Competed at "Ends of the Earth Showdown" in Gardendale, AL (and placed 3rd!)
CFI Athletes representing!
- Went to the beach
- Became the Event Coordinator for CFI & helped put on Hero 4 Heroes - CFI's first competition
- Officially received notice of furlough... or as I prefer to call it... "pool days." I'll have one day off a week starting sometime in July!
Upcoming in the Piatt world for the month of June:
- I plan to blog a lot more often. Starting tomorrow.
- Tomorrow is the start of CFI's June Paleo Challenge. I'm hoping to udpate the blog with recipes and progress throughout the 30 day contest.
- The 8th is the March of Dimes' River Region March for Babies! We have a team - "Carter's Love" - and are looking forward to our friends and family walking with us in honor of babies across America that are born too early or with birth defects like C.
- Josh is getting USA Weightlifting certified this month. He has a passion for lifting heavy things, and wants to learn how to do it most efficiently and effectively... as well as how to coach others to do the same!
- The Girls - a Garage Game Series competition. I can't wait to watch that guy I live with compete in this one. He talked about doing it last year, but we were unable to make it. This year it's bigger, better, and in a different month. We're excited to make the trip to GA, and represent CFI!
- Lots of pool time. We got C in the pool Monday during our Memorial Day bash and he LOVED it! It's still a little chilly, but should be warming up soon - the Alabama summer is in full swing!
- Books. I want to read more books! I used to read at least a book every week or so. I couldn't tell you the last book I finished. I think it was over Christmas "break"... whatever it was. Monday I started the final book in the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris (the basis for the HBO hit True Blood) and I'm hoping to finish it by Sunday night. Finishing a book in a week would give me some kind of hope that it can be done! lol Wish me luck.
Help me out with some prayer requests!:
- You may have seen my facebook posts - my friend (and prior cheerleading coach) Mrs Debbie, lost her daughter, Jada, this past week to cystic fibrosis. Jada fought long and hard, and was waiting on lungs. She's now breathing easy! Please say a prayer for the family and friends as they adjust to life without Jadabug.
- Another recent loss of life was my tiny cousin - Chase. My cousin, Michelle, and her husband live near St Louis and her twins were born very early. Please keep Michelle and her family in your prayers as they grieve, and also as they continue to be strong for their little Evan as he is still in the NICU.
- Please continue prayers for our OEIS friend, Carter Cline! He's making huge strides in the right direction, and I can't wait for Meagan to post that they're heading back to Mississippi with a smiling, healthy boy!
- And finally, Carter-man. He's doing pretty well lately... we recently switched antibiotics and so far so good - no UTI. After battling back-to-back UTIs for nearly 2 months, this is a good sign. Pray that his iron stores will stay high (we have our last infusion scheduled for July), his creatinine will stay within normal range, and his weight will continue to increase.
And I'll leave you with this verse:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths.