Image

Image

Saturday, July 28, 2012

WOD 7.28.12

My First "Big Kid" WOD

Warm Up
400m run
20 lunges
20 situps
20 ham swings
2 min squat hold

WOD
50.40.30.20.10.50
Squat Jumps
Crunch ins (plank, right knee under body toward left elbow, vice versa)
Crunch outs (plank, right knee to right elbow, vice versa)
30 sec plank hold

MWOD
Quad Rolls
Ham Rolls
I.t. Band

Y'all. This WOD was hard. It took me a whopping 47 minutes to finish, but I did every last rep. I'll do the math for you - that's 200 reps of each of those exercises, plus six 30 second planks. My legs were jello. My wrists were sore. I was nearly drowning in a pool of my own sweat. I was mentally cursing my husband for signing me up for this crap. My BFF Shannon was cheering me on the last 14 minutes since she had already finished, and helping me push through my sets (thanks for that, chick). And I'll be back for more on Monday.

Just a heads up, I'm doing my weekly paleo meal plans on myfitnesspal. My username is dsmith31, so if you want access to my food journal, find me and friend me!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notable Quotables

Shannon: "A bee stung me on the eye on my bike ride this morning. Actually, I think it just bit me. I was really sweaty and salty."
Me: "Yeah, he just wanted to suck your face."

Shannon, during the warm up: "Man, my legs are toast."
Me: "That's what you get for trying to be a triathlete and a crossfitter."
Shannon: "I know, I like to spread my mediocrity among many activities."

Me: "Is this as weird for you as it is for me?"
Josh: "What?"
Me: "Doing Crossfit together."

Josh: "Where are you at?"
Me: "My 20 set."
Josh: "You're breaking too much."
Me: *un-bloggable*

Jake: "You feel alright?"
Me: "No."
Jake: "Good! If it feels good you aren't doin' somethin' right!"
Me: *eye-roll*

No comments:

Post a Comment