Image

Image

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

On Ramp: Day 1

Our first day was great! Mandy went over the basics of Crossfit... lemme break it down for ya.

CV/FM/HI

CV: constantly varied. you will never do the same workout. EVER.
FM: functional movements. every movement in crossfit is a
movement you would do in everyday life.
HI: high intensity. the intensity is what you make it. all crossfit workouts are
scalable for different levels of fitness. you get out what you put in.

And this is what we did during class...

Warm-up
400m run

Skills Covered
Air squats
CTF Push-ups
Front squats
Burpees

WOD
10 minute AMRAP
10 air squats
7 burpees
200m run
(Completed 3 rounds)

Mobility
quad rolls, cat stretch

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notable Quotables

"Don't be a slacker..."
- Josh to me before he left the gym


"I think my shelf is broken..."
- Shannon on her front squat grip


Shannon: "The only part I'm good at is running."
Me: "It's because of those little get-away sticks!"


"I think I have Crossfit-induced asthma..."
- Me at the end of the WOD


No comments:

Post a Comment