Image

Image

Thursday, July 19, 2012

On Ramp: Day 6

Yesterday Shannon talked me into running intervals because I want to lower my time on the 400m run. So, when I got home from work I ran two sets. 1m 47s my first interval, a walk, 1m 50s my second interval, and a walk. My 400 on July 16th was 1m 52s, so now I have a new time to beat :) However, intervals seemed like a bad idea when I saw what was part of our On Ramp class today...

Today we had Josh and Bucky for coaches!

Warm Up
200m run
10 DNR
5 burpees
20 ham swings

With a PVC Pipe
5 DL
5 PC
5 PP

800m Run for Time!
4m 10s

Skills Covered
Power Clean Review
Push Jerk
Clean & Jerk

Man... this felt like the longest class EVER. First of all, I surprised myself with my 800m run (half mile) - my goal was 6 minutes, and I blew that out of the water. PLUS, I was the first girl in, second overall - only because Shannon (aka - Get Away Sticks) has an injury and decided to take it easy :) We spent the rest of the class perfecting our form on the push jerk and clean & jerk. I'm lovin' liftin'! It reminds me a lot of cheerleading (I was a base...) and most of it comes naturally to me. I worked with a couple of really sweet girls today. We were moving 55# for practice, and Hillary and I tried 65# a few times just to get a feel for it. No WOD today... I was a little disappointed about that!

Oh - and Shannon jumped on the big box today!!!! :) I'm so proud of her!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notable Quotables

"What do I get if I do it?"
- Shannon, while I was talking her into jumping on the "big" box

"Stay in front!"
- Shannon, encouraging me from the finish line on the run

"See, intervals make you faster!"
- Shannon, on my 800m run

"One word... Piatt! I don't know what y'all eat, but I'll be dining with you guys soon!"
- Josh Carter, on the video Hillary posted of my push jerk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd also like to mention that I have a pretty awesome husband. When I got home from class, he'd changed C's bag, given him a bath and had him ready for bed, cooked dinner, AND cleaned the kitchen while I was in the shower. Be jealous!




No comments:

Post a Comment