Image

Image

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cucumber Avacado Dressing

I've had one of those night where I just wanted to get things done - ha! I decided to make a couple recipes that will last most of the week. This is one that our Cat Food Coach, Hardy, told us about. It's wonderful because it can be used as a salad dressing or a dip for veggies!

Cucumber Avocado Dressing

Ingredients:
1/3 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 fresh cilantro, chopped
2 avocados, peeled/seeded/cubed
1 large cucumber, peeled/seeded/cut into chunks
1/4 lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Puree the olive oil and garlic in blender until smooth. Add the cilantro, avocado, cucumber, and lemon juice. Puree again until smooth, then season to taste with salt and pepper.

*Notes: I pressed my garlic because I hate chopping garlic. I eyeballed my cilantro because I'm good like that. I just mushed my avocados out of their skins, because them puppies are getting pureed anyway. And I have no idea how to seed a cucumber, so those bad-boys went in there, too! Also, I didn't add any salt or pepper because I thought it tasted pretty scrumptious without it. AND, I used my absolutely fantastic KitchenAid Immersion Blender to do this.... super easy.


This recipe says it yields about 4 cups. I had enough for a snack container to take to work, and this pint. Approximately 3 cups after I splattered some all over the kitchen - gotta love blending. I also love any recipe that can be stored in a Mason jar. They're one of my favorite things in life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment