Image

Image

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cat Food Challenge: Days 2-5

Still going strong.

Day 2: Wednesday, May 2nd
Today was a challenge, as it was C's surgery day. We got to Children's at 0530. I wasn't hungry because of nerves, so the morning wasn't very much of a challenge. Once he was back in the OR and we were just sitting around in the waiting area, I started getting hungry. I went down to the cafeteria and went straight to the Home station like we normally do. Scrambled eggs and bacon. Glad that's okay for the diet! Also got a small fruit cup to help fill me up, and an orange juice. This held me over, thankfully, until 1 o'clock when we finally got settled in a room. None of the proteins were viable options because they were all smothered in sauces and glazed... or fried. So I grabbed a giant baked sweet potato and hit the salad bar for baby spinach and the works. The only safe-looking dressing was a balsamic vinaigrette, so I dabbed on a little. That night we decided to order Steak Out. I got the sirloin tips and went down for another sweet potato and salad. Besides being taunted by their amazing onion rings, dove chocolate bars, and delicious blue cheese burger, Children's cafeteria wasn't as challenging as I expected. I did, however, keep a headache all day, and I'm assuming it was from detox.

Day 3: Thursday, May 3rd
I was tired, not hungry. Carter's breakfast (haha) came up around 7, so I ate the bacon and scrambled eggs from that, and drank the small apple juice, and called it good. We got home around 11, but we had no food in our house, so I just ate an unsweetened applesauce. That night we loaded up C to get him out of the house for a bit, and hit KFC for some KGC. I told Shannon, "I'm not sure if this is cheating, but if it is, it wasn't a good cheat, so it's probably not a cheat." Josh had mashed potatoes and gravy... I abstained, and just ate chicken. Headaches weren't as bad today, but were still there off and on.

Day 4: Friday, May 4th
We went to Publix! Which means we have food now! I didn't eat all morning... just wasn't hungry. Ate an applesauce around 2 on our way to the store. We had a list and a game plan for the week - mainly so we wouldn't overspend. We ended up with a $143 grocery bill (before tax) and Josh only got a few "junk" items (labeled Other) and Dairy that I'm not able to eat.

We got a ton of fresh veggies and fruit, a few cans for Josh's lunch, and a few frozen items for smoothies/quick dinners.

I spent all afternoon in the kitchen. I made 18 Southwestern egg muffins (ground turkey instead of pork sausage) for breakfast for the week. I cleaned out the fridge of old stuff/stuff we don't need. And I cooked dinner somewhere during this time. Peppercorn pork loin and garlic roasted veggies (asparagus, squash, and onions). We ate early and went to the ball field for my brother's game, and Josh got a snow cone for C to share... I was jealous. When we got home and got C settled in bed, I made myself a smoothie of frozen strawberries, a banana, OJ, and coconut milk, and it satisfied my sweet tooth for the night. No headaches today! But sort of lethargic still.

Day 5: Saturday, May 5th
Josh let me sleep in this morning since C kept me up last night. I got up around 10 and ate two egg muffins and had a small glass of OJ. Not sure what I'm doing for lunch, but for dinner we're grilling chicken and eating sweet potatoes and green beans. I'm going to have Josh grill some chicken tenderloins for me to take for lunch during the week, and I'll probably hit Publix for fish a couple days. No headaches so far today, and hopefully I'll start to feel my energy picking back up, because I plan on hitting the gym and the pavement a few days this week. So far I've noticed that my belly is much less bloated, and the scale has definitely dropped a few numbers. I can't wait for our weekly weigh-in at work Tuesday.

Funny story - last night I dreamed about eating a bagel with cream cheese spread, and I woke up in a freakin' panic! I'm so worried that I'll cheat on this diet... especially unknowingly (like in my sleep! haha!). Have a great weekend, and make great choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment