Image

Image

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Crossfit Intrigue: Barbells for Boobs 2012

Barbells for Boobs is a non-profit organization who's mission is to provide funding for qualified low income and uninsured women (and men!) who need screening and/or diagnostic procedures in the prevention of breast cancer.

Crossfit Intrigue held a fundraiser on October 20th to support this organization and their mission. Our team had a goal of $500, and we exceeded that by rasing $1582. Participants completed the WOD "Amazing Grace" - 30 Clean & Jerks for time. Men used 135#. Women used 95#. This was many of our members first time doing the workout, and everyone did a great job. This was special to me, because it was the first time I've Rx'd a workout. It took me forever to finish, but I finished well under the cap of 15 minutes. I don't know that I've ever felt more accomplished! Here are some photos of the event.


 
 


 

 
 
last clean

last jerk - check out that slight smile

3...2...1...
 

GO!
 


Josh & Jake both finished sub 2:00 
 
 

Team CFI

No comments:

Post a Comment