Image

Image

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Homemade "Granola"

Another recipe that Joshwa found, that I executed. This is "grain-less" granola. A great snack, and worth the time and effort on a weekend to prepare to have ready for the week ahead.

Homemade "Granola"

Ingredients

Honey
Water (let me know if you have trouble finding this...)
Orange oil or extract (we got extract...)
Slivered almonds
Take your pick of additional options: seeds, nuts, dried fruits, coconut, etc.

This is a very flexible recipe. Use what you like. I used the almonds, walnuts, craisins, and sunflower seeds.

Directions

1. Heat some honey and a little water on the stove.
2. Add a few drops of orange extract.
3. Mix in your almonds and your other fillers. You want enough honey mixture to coat the ingredients and it be pretty sticky, but not so much that they're falling apart or swimming.
4. Grease a mini muffin tin. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups so that they are overflowing. Then use your muscles to push the mixture tightly into the muffin cups. You may need to add more mix and press down again. It should be wedged in there pretty good.
5. Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown.

*I'll be honest.... my mini muffins turned out great... but were a pain in the rear to get out of the pan. I had a little more mixture, so I threw it in some big muffin tins. The big muffins never would crisp all the way through. Next time I attempt this, I will more than likely roll the mix into balls and throw them on a baking sheet, just to see what happens!!



No comments:

Post a Comment