Image

Image

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf

If meatloaf was a woman, my husband would leave me for it. Promise. That guy LOVES meatloaf. I'm pretty sure he married me because one of my favorite things to cook is my mom's meatloaf. I was a little concerned when we started on this paleo adventure that not being able to cook his favorite foods such as meatloaf, white potatoes, hamburger steak, or anything else involving gravy or frying would result in our demise as a married couple. Fear not - PaleOMG is here!
 
Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf
 
Ingredients
 
  • 1lb ground turkey
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons coconut flour or 1/2 cup almond flour/meal (I used coconut flour)
  • 3-4 tablespoons hot sauce (I used Texas Pete)
  • 2 stalks of celery, diced
  • 1/4 small yellow onion, diced
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  •  
    Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
    2. Place all ingredients in a bowl and use your hands to mix thoroughly.
    3. Plop mixture into two mini loaf pans OR one large loaf pan. I used my stone loaf pan from Pampered Chef = LOVE.
    4. Bake for 25-35 or until loaf is completely cooked through.
    5. I used the poke technique. Poke the meat, if it sinks in, like it’s uncooked, it probably is. Or you can use a handy-dandy meat thermometer and still be guessing if you're me!
    6. Let cool and serve with something yum like roasted asparagus!
    (it looks like a brick.... but it's a delicious brick....)
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment