I made this one night and my mom came over for dinner. She was surprised that she liked them! This is another PaleOMG recipe. I also cut some zucchini/carrots into thin strips and roasted them in olive oil. This meal has kind of an Asian flare, and turned out really well.
Cilantro Chicken Nuggets
For the nuggets
- 1lb ground chicken
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 bundle of cilantro, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
For the dipping sauce
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos (I didn't have this, so I subbed soy sauce)
- 1/8 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground stone mustard (from the bottle/container-not powder)
- 1 teaspoon Raw Honey
- Mix all of your nugget ingredients together: ground chicken, egg, cilantro, scallions, sesame oil, ginger, and salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Place your coconut flour in a shallow bowl.
- Make small balls from your nugget mixture, “nugget sized” and place each nugget in the coconut flour (being sure to only lightly dust the nuggets) then place in your skillet.
- Use a spatula to slightly flatten out each nugget.
- Cook on both sides for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through.
- While your nuggets cook, mix your dipping sauce ingredients together.