Image

Image

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Paleo Challenge: Day 5

I don't remember if I mentioned on Day 3... but that night I made my marinade and got the Jalapeno Dijon Chicken thighs soaking (that I cooked last night), and also rubbed a butt down to put in the crockpot for lunches. I threw it in before we went to bed last night, and woke up this morning to the smell of delicious, smoky meat. Planning ahead is essential. You can do Paleo on the fly, but it's much easier if you have a game plan and stick to it!

I'm in a class at work this week, so I don't have a lot of opportunity to eat like I normally would. I hate to be hungry... and I was hungry a lot yesterday during class. So I planned to eat a lot more than I normally would to get through the day without being "hangry."
 
Breakfast
I ate a couple of egg muffins before I left the house, and took my iced coffee with me to drink on the way. It's pretty delicious, even without the super-sweet creamers I typically enjoy!

Lunch
I was hungry by lunch time, so I hit a Mexican restaurant and orderd a steak fajita salad with extra guac. It was delicious and satisfying.


I wanted something "sweet" and still had some time to kill, so I stopped by Tropical Smoothie Cafe and got a Caribbean Carrot without any sweeteners. It was yummy, and gave me something to keep me awake during that little period after lunch when I tend to zone.


Dinner
When I got home with C I got straight to work making some Beasty BBQ Sauce to go with our Crockpot Pulled Pork. I've made this meat a few times now, but never took the time to make the sauce. It made a giant batch, and it has a really nice spicy/sweet flavor. C played pirate while I cooked! I was kinda hungry waiting on the sauce to simmer, so I made a bowl of avocado and tomato covered in salt and pepper and scarfed it.


I knew I had a little mayo left over from the chicken salad, so I picked up a bag of pre-shredded slaw mix and made an easy Paleo Coleslaw Dressing. It was a nice, simple meal, and C even ate a plateful of the meat!


After dinner Josh cut up a watermelon for me and I snacked on some. I'm a little knife-shy since my incident yesterday with the avocado. I swear I could eat half a watermelon by myself. I have to remove myself from the area when they're around!

Tomorrow that guy goes to work, and it's my last day of class... which also means I have a test. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment