Image

Image

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Paleo Challenge: Day 1

Day 1... already feeling the withdrawals. Weighed (168) and took pictures this morning to get a baseline. I really have no specific goal in mind with this challenge, but will document the results for those curious. I have no "magic" number of pounds I'm trying to drop. I'd love to see some belly fat go, and increased performance would be awesome. So, with that said... here was my food for the day.
 
Breakfast: 2 eggs fried in coconut oil, unsweetened applesauce with cinnamon
Snack: after I worked out, I stopped by my mom's to get C, and scarfed some watermelon she had in the fridge.
"Lunch": I had not been grocery shopping yet, and paleo options were limited to say the least. Lunch was a banana, a spoonful of almond butter, and a spoonful of honey.
Snack: I had a few dates here and there because I was STARVING.
Dinner: we went to Cracker Barrel and I had the grilled chicken tenders with turnip greens and a plain sweet potato. Nom nom nom. Those biscuits sure are hard to resist :(
Snack: I had a really bad headache because I had not had any caffeine all day, so after we got home from grocery shopping I made an iced coffee with almond milk and half a pack of stevia.
 
"Lunch" was pathetic
 
 
 Before & After


 
Now my fridge, freezers, and pantry are filled with delicious paleo options. My heart is happy and I'll sleep well (especially with the storm rolling in!). Tomorrow after church and our workout I'll do some food prep for the week. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment