Image

Image

Friday, April 13, 2012

Running from Hitler

In case you didn't know - I'm on a weight loss/fitness adventure as well as many other amazing life adventures. I have an uber high metabolism and age on my side, which helped me lose 55 of the 95 pounds I gained during pregnancy. I plateaued somewhere around 180, and currently I have at least 20 more to go - 30 is my stretch goal. I've been using myfitnesspal to log my calories and exercise for almost a year now... and it's definitely helpful to see how many invisible fat producing grenades we shove in our mouths. I know I've had a good family night at Applebees with Josh and Stephanie if I complete my food diary entry and it tells me "if every day were like today, you'd weigh 6 lbs MORE than you do now." Thanks MFP! I'm gonna go barf my Bruster's up now! J/K! By the way - this happened tonight.. not the barfing part.

ANYWAY, another thing I'm doing to lose it is by being in a biggest loser competition at work. Money is motivation, but so is a friendly competition with the co-workers I'm closest/most competitive with :)  I dropped alot the first week, and weeks 2-4 have been NO CHANGE. Frustrating. Did I mention I joined the Y again (apparently I'm too old and married to use my parent's family plan)? I've been going to body sculpting class.... ab class.... kickboxing.... zumba... you name it! And since I started exercising I've lost no weight. People keep blabbing about this muscle mass stuff... I guess that could be it. SO, this week I started cardio. AKA running. from. Hitler. It's how I motivate myself to run. I've always said "the only way I'm running is if the Nazis are after me!" So sometimes when I really wanna quit.. I have to picture a mustached German on my heels. I'm crazy. I know this. BUT, I've logged 7 miles walking/running on dailymile. That site is super cool. It helps you visualize goals, log training, and motivate others! Josh and I took Carter running today in the jogging stroller... but we had to walk alot because of the dogs that kept "attacking us" (Josh isn't a fan of other people's dogs). We ran 2, walked 1 mile overall, if I had to guess (I can't wait to get my Garmin when I hit my next goal!!)

When all's said and done, I'll be back down to my fighting weight, and then Josh won't stand a chance against me. I may even run a 5K or two. Or a half. And get me one of those stickers for my car that says 13.1.. which I just found out today is what people that run half-marathons do. Did I mention I'ma be a sexy beast? Yeah... you won't be able to handle it.

I've had a really great Friday the 13th, and I hope you have, too! PS - if you didn't catch the Talladega Nights/Ricky Bobby reference in here, Josh would be extremely disappointed in you. Make it a great weekend! Josh is working the whole time (bummer). We're going to run again tomorrow. Hang out at the ball field. Hopefully Skype my mom in Germanyyyy!! Go to church. And some other super-cool-blow-your-mind-amazing things that I haven't thought of yet.... probably along the lines of going to Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment