Image

Image

Friday, November 15, 2013

Thankful for motherhood

Tonight I'm thankful that my child obviously loves me. We had our first "homesick" experience tonight. He was supposed to spend the night with my mom so I could get up early to head to the Color Vibe run tomorrow. He was fine when I left, basically shooed me out of the door so he could play. At about 9:30pm mom called and he was wailing in the background "I want my momma! I wanna go home!" So I loaded up and headed to her house and we're ALL having a sleepover :)

I guess this more or less boils down to the fact that I am so thankful that I'm a mother. Anyone who knows me can tell you that I NEVER wanted kids. God had other plans. I'm not sure if I've ever divulged this on the blog... but I completely panicked and used Plan B at his conception. Obviously, it didn't work, and I'm thankful for that every single day. When we learned of his defects in-utero, the doctors at UAB gave me the option of terminating the pregnancy. This also makes me thankful for that motherly instinct that God placed in me - I already loved that little life inside me... how could I end that? I can't imagine my life without this little muffin. He's rocked mine and Josh's world, and we're much better for it. He's taught us faith, hope, and love in his short lifetime.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
- I Corinthians 13:13

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- Jeremiah 29:11 





No comments:

Post a Comment