Image

Image

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Thankful for health

Today I'm thankful for mine and my family's health. Josh & Carter just got over a bug, and I'm working on one (I think)... but in spite of that we are far healthier than others. Despite Carter's medical challenges, I am constantly reminding myself that our situation could be so much more dire than it is. His kidney is his most fragile component of his health, and we've been blessed for the issues surrounding it to be minimal. Right now we're fighting iron fluxes and anemia, but we could be fighting fluid retention with dialysis. We could be on a transplant list. I make it a point to stay in prayer for a child that has more immediate medical needs than Carter. Our precious cousin Brenna, Carter Cline, my preemie cousin Evan, sweet Charlie Jean - they all are reminders that our God is BIGGER than any medical anomaly and that my family is blessed with health. Along those same lines - I'm thankful for a God that provides peace when I do lose perspective in the times of sickness, and for His grace that will one day give me a Heaven with no more sickness, death, or pain!

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. Revelation 21:4

No comments:

Post a Comment