Image

Image

Monday, February 25, 2013

Consider it pure joy!

I've had one of those weekends where you go to bed on Sunday feeling super accomplished and full of joy. My house is the cleanest it's been in three months, my fridge is full of healthy food, my body is on the mend (I hope) from walking pneumonia, and I have the happiest, craziest little boy on the planet.

I've been busy in the kitchen all weekend doing food prep for the week to keep us from stopping for fast food and eating out. I even projected a loose, month long meal plan so when I went grocery shopping on base with mom I could stock up on meats and pantry items. Score!


Some of my accomplishments:

Cooked Crockpot Beef Ribs for dinner Saturday night. Delicious! We had banana, peanut butter, dark chocolate soft serve for dessert.


Made some Paleo mayo, and then made chicken salad with it. It has seeded grapes in it. Which I bought on accident. You know how long it takes to half and seed a cup of grapes? As long as it takes to run a load of clothes through the gentle cycle.


Finally perfected the grain free English muffin.


Rearranged my supplement cabinet, C's medicine cabinet, and the spices/oils/vinegars cabinet (not pictured).


Made egg muffins for that guy.


Cut up a butternut squash. Twice. Which I'm counting as a workout. There's a reason they sell those suckers pre-cut.


And! C gave me a tiny shiner when he threw Josh's phone at my face Saturday night. Yay for rough little boys!


Pretending to be sweet...


To end, I'll hit you with my next verse. I'm behind, but I'll just do this as I'm able... to keep myself memorizing Scripture more frequently!

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance!

James 1:2-3

Trials are compliments from God... He's letting us know that we're strong and able - we just have to realize that, which is hard when you're in the weeds of the situation. Remember to take a step back and thank Him for the ability to overcome! That's where we find our strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment